Thursday, August 14, 2008

Many Thanks to Mr. Duane

Mr. Duane, as David calls him, is solely responsible for getting me into fly fishing. I got talking to him by chance one day on the bus; he told me about a recent trout stocking in our local stream, Accotink Creek. We met up many more times and exchanged fish stories. Duane’s stories and in depth knowledge of fly fishing for trout and salmon prompted me to buy my first fly rod.

Duane is active in the local chapter of Trout Unlimited. He also founded accotink.org, which is committed to the defense of our local watershed. He spends far less time fishing than he does on volunteer work such as stream restoration, and watershed issue advocacy.

This picture shows one of Duane’s better days on the Conewago Creek in Adams County, PA. Thanks Duane, for all the great help over the last couple years. Now go catch some more trout!

No comments: