Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Fly Fishing


091408_06531.jpg
Originally uploaded by ...olson family...
My spinning and casting rods have not gotten a lot of use lately. I guess I have the warm water fly fishing bug. I hit Lake Braddock in my float tube this morning and threw the same popper/ wet fly dropper rig I had tied on from my last excursion to Lake Braddock. I got one largemouth on the first couple casts -- not a big one but good fun on a fly rod. A good reason to fly fish Lake Braddock is the bream population, which occasionally delivers chunksters upwards of nine inches. I got a couple big bream this morning, a bunch of small ones, and the one bass; I have done better but this was fun. As the fall transition approaches I may have to revert back to traditional bass tactics. But for now, I am happy with my fly rod and my float tube.

No comments: