Sunday, March 23, 2008

Love Them Bass Too!


032308_08221
Originally uploaded by ...olson family...
Since I elected to identify myself as a bass fishermen in the name of this blog, whenever I blog about trout I always feel compelled to even the score with a bass entry. This morning I risked the label of the jackass Dad who fished on Easter Sunday. Thanks to some help from a few extra ounces of formula little zachy slept long enough for Dad to score at the neighborhood lake and get home before the family awoke.

I almost folded while sitting on two bluegills. After the Rainbow yesterday this seemed lame. But thanks to help from my handy dandy yellow popper I was able to land a trademark Lake Royal Bass: small, but fly worthy. I had exhausted use of an olive BH wooly bugger, and went for a small popper in a bright color because the water was moderately clear and the sun was out. If it were cloudy I would have gone for a dark popper. Stained water: big popper. It's that simple. Rock On!

No comments: