Sunday, January 27, 2008

While They Were Sleeping


012708_07301
Originally uploaded by ...olson family...
My strategy in this sport must involve more than fish to be successful. First, I have set the family conditions for a quick outing. This morning this involved feeding my infant son Zach an extra two ounces of formula. Luckily little Zachy's stomach was held at bay long enough for Dad to score a quick rainbow and return before the little guy woke the family up.

That in itself is success for me. My loyalty to the Wholly Bugger was also big this morning. Didn't have a lot of time on the stream but I was happy with how quickly I was able to hook up. On the down side, we seem to be getting mainly runts from the state hatcheries this year. But, I was pleased with how healthy this trout was: good color, fought well. We are still living off the fall stock. The winter stocking is in a few weeks. Things are looking good for peak trout fishing this spring.

No comments: