Sunday, October 12, 2008

New York Rainbows Save the Day


101108_15442.jpg
Originally uploaded by ...olson family...
We were ready to pack it in and declare victory after catching our one pickerel. We suddenly spotted some trout. After the first cast it was clear the trout were going for the black wooly bugger I had on. I hooked the first rainbow and David started squealing. We managed five trout in about twenty minutes. This was the experience we were hoping for.

Of all the states I have fished in my life it is hard to beat the empire state for freshwater fishing. From largemouth bass to lake trout and muskie, you can catch just about everything in New York.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys....those fish are beautiful...good pix of the little guy too...luv,
PopPop

Anonymous said...

NC Mountain Largemouth's are always a bit of a challenge....this is smallie country....but yesterday I had a few minutes to fish while working on closing our camper, so I used some old advise from my red neck largemouth fishn friends in Eastern NC....tie on a spinnerbait in the fall...so I did and on third cast caught a keeper largemouth...fyi,
POP POP

The Olson Family said...

Picture?